Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome to my trip blog!

Hi everyone. If you've made it this far and would like to keep up with my coast to coast trip, you might want to bookmark this site. I will be posting almost every evening, time and internet permitting.

Jeryl and I will be traveling Route 50, which goes coast to coast, Maryland to California. We will be traveling through 12 states and the nation's capital. We will be taking 3 weeks to complete the trip and then another 2 weeks to get to TX and stay and visit my family there, including my son Keith and family, my sister, and my Mom and step Dad. Along Route 50 we'll visit with Jeryl's Mom and other family, my son Michael and family, and my 2 brothers in Denver, Colorado. For most of the trip we will be staying at KOAs in something called a kamping cabin. Basically it's a one room cabin with just a bed and a table and ac. That's the only tough part for me will be not having a bathroom handy. There's one big bathroom and shower house in the middle of the camp that everyone can use. Alot of people will tent camp or pull in with their RV. It's usually a fun place to stay and every KOA campground is unique with the activities they provide.

I decided to keep this blog as a record of the trip and will be writing about our day on the road and anything neat we happen to see. I may even give some restaurant reviews of those mom and pop places we are likely to find along the backroads. I will also be adding pictures and videos.

If you want, on any post you can leave me a comment. I may even write back to you in my next blog posting. :0)

So thanks for visiting and I hope to see you back here following my trip. We leave in the morning about 4 and head to our first stop, Ocean City, Maryland. The first day we'll be traveling about 11 hours and will hopefully check in at our hotel late afternoon tomorrow and then spend some time walking on the beach.

Happy trails!

1 comment: